Sole Traders

As a Sole Trader you can take advantage of the many tax reliefs that are available to the legitimately self employed.

Our professional accountants will work with you throughout the year to make sure that you are claiming all of the reliefs available and to minimise your tax liability at year end. Getting started is simple, simply contact one of our team on 01892 686480 and once we have received your details one of our professionally qualified staff will be in contact to assist you with completing the documents needed to complete your registration. We are able to process payments from your agency or client whilst this is finalised.

Our service will ensure that you have more money in your pocket each week when compared to PAYE payroll.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the benefits of being a self employed, Sole Trader?

You can take advantage of a range of tax reliefs to retain a higher proportion of your income.

What expenses can I claim?

  • Travel expenses, both mileage in your own vehicle or travel using public transport.
  • Reasonable subsistence costs depending on where you are doing work and how long you are doing it for.
  • The costs of operating your business from home. (at a fixed rate)
  • Any equipment or materials purchased to carry out your work.
  • Training costs and membership fees of most professional bodies.
  • Business insurance.
  • Phone/fax/stationary/telephone costs.
  • The cost of purchasing a work vehicle in some circumstances.
  • Vehicle hire.
  • Essential overnight accommodation costs.
  • Any sub contracted work.

For further advice on expenses please contact our professional team.

How does it work?

If you are contracting with a recruitment agency or other client simply put them in touch with us and we will organise for your invoicing and payment processing to be done on your behalf.

We recommend that you put aside an amount of money each week/month to meet your future tax liability. We will advise you on the amount that we think you need to accrue. Broadly speaking you will have between 70% and 80% of your money available to spend.

At the end of the tax year we will ask you for details of your expenses so that we can prepare your accounts and complete your tax return on your behalf.

Do I need to pay National Insurance?

This is calculated within your self assessment tax return.

Why should I work with United Associates?

Because we make things easy. The only things that you will need to worry about are carrying on the work that you choose to do and keeping a record of your expenses.

How do I get started?

Simply contact one of our staff who will help you to complete the process.

We take our lead from you

Working with your personal account manager you can tailor make a package depending on exactly what your business requires- if you want us to handle all your financial affairs that’s no problem, but if you just want a helping hand with your tax return, that’s fine too.

Already a member?